Wednesday, February 2, 2011

So...that happened

I suffer from migraines.  It's been a problem since puberty, although has increased since I hit my 20s and started working for a living.
In general, I can keep them under control by eating regular, well balanced meals and sleeping enough.  However, I have a toddler, so both of those things sometimes get thrown out the window.

Like today.

I should have grabbed a small thing to eat before I got to work instead of waiting to eat breakfast until I was sitting at my desk. Usually, I can wait until I get to work to eat, but some days, not so much.
So I've had a persistent headache all morning. Normally, I can get rid of these by having a cup of coffee.  I'm normally a green tea sort of girl, but damn it, sometimes I need the caffeine.  And when this happens at work, I can usually use a splash of a coworker's half and half since I don't drink coffee regularly enough to justify bringing in my own creamer.  But, vegan experiment month.  This makes borrowing creamer from coworkers harder, since there's not a lot of silk creamer floating around the office (which, considering how many vegetarians are here, is actually kind of surprising).
So I braved the cold and walked to the coffee shop that's two blocks away.  They have really good coffee and soy milk!  YAY!  Only, I really only need a small cup of it.  And I have no cash. And there's a $3 minimum charge on credit card purchases. And none of their sandwiches or pastries are vegan.  And I already have a soup for lunch.
But they did have bananas. Hooray for more fruit!  Total purchase came to $2.94
The amount of effort that it took to find coffee to relieve my headache is kind of amusing me today.  Tonight, I'm getting my own soy creamer for work.  :P

Also: I still have a headache.

No comments:

Post a Comment