Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Day 1, continued. The Oops factor.

Apparently I forgot to mention to Ry that I was going vegan this month.  I swear I remember telling him, but it was two weeks ago when he was fairly delirious with the flu (so he claims).  I'm pretty sure he was lucid when I told him, but well...he doesn't remember.  Here's why I'm married to an awesome guy:

"Does this mean that I can buy cheese and it won't mysteriously disappear in a matter of days?" he asked

Yep.

"Hooray!"

And that was that.

Anyway.  Dinner last night was tomato soup and a parsley and walnut pesto sandwich with grape tomatoes and Dr. Cow aged cashew cheese (I will eventually get around to telling the story about that later). 
My only mistake yesterday was just as I was putting the wee tot to bed.  She asked for some crackers, which is fair since she didn't eat much dinner. I brought her some animal crackers and, true to form, she immediately turned her nose up at them. "No! I want fishy crackers!" I started nibbling on animal crackers on my way down the stairs to get our little imp some goldfish crackers.  I got through two before I realized that they probably weren't vegan.  D'oh.

No comments:

Post a Comment