Monday, February 7, 2011

The advantage

So one major advantage I'm finding to this vegan experiment is that I'm nibbling on junk food in the office less.  And, let me tell you, for all that I work in public health with obesity and nutrition researchers, there's a hell of a lot of candy and other junk food around here.  Freely accessible on nearly everyone's desk.
And none of it is vegan.  So while I do really want the york peppermint patties that are available the next cube over, I won't be touching them. And as much as I adore york peppermint patties, I'm glad to have this extra layer of excuses not to eat them because I've noticed for a while that my junk food eating was a bit out of control. And this month is helping reign that in.  In fact, I'd be surprised if I didn't lose a pound or two this month just due to avoiding candy.

Of course, that all goes out the window if I ever had time to bake up some vegan cookies...

No comments:

Post a Comment