Monday, February 7, 2011

The first weekend

Okay, so things are going pretty good.  Over the weekend, I went out on a REAL ACTUAL DATE with my REAL ACTUAL HUSBAND.  Not that we were excited about that in anyway.  We like to play it cool.

At Ry's request, we went to The Good Earth.  I do have to say, for it being awarded best vegetarian restaurant in the Twin Cities, there's surprisingly little vegan fare.  I ended up having a butternut squash and pear risotto, but had to request no goat cheese on it.  OMG GUYS, IT WAS TASTY STUFF ALL THE SAME! And there was a blood orange sorbetto which was so very full of win.

I do have to confess that I ended up drinking a glass of hot chocolate with my daughter on Sunday.  See, we had been outside for quite some time, playing chase up and down the street (it was that sort of day) and it was time to come in and we have a tradition of making hot chocolate after we've been outside.  Without thinking about it, I ended up pouring 2 cups of cows milk into the pan instead of 1 cup and getting out a second pan for 1 cup of my almond milk and coco powder.  And Dria was so very eager that someone else should be drinking "coco hot" too, and no one else in the house wanted any.  So.  I had a cup myself since I have a hard time saying no when Dria says "You want cocoa hot, too?"  Next time, I'll remember.

Todays meals: bagel w/ the last of the walnut/pecan pate, tomatoes, spinach and hummus (hummus went on the other half). Apple slices (which got accidentally coated in hummus).
Lunch is tofurky deli slices on ciabatta, w/ parsley pesto and more dr. cow aged cashew cheese. w/ apple and banana.
Dinner...I dunno.  I'm still trying to decide if I'm going to go to the special chinese calligraphy class at the dojo or go home and make coconut red lentil soup

No comments:

Post a Comment